Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My KANNAWIDAN+ 2019



_________________________________________________________________________________

"Since 2017, we the La Union TIMPUYOG Artes ti Ilocandia
 an artists group to which I belong, 
were participants to the Kannawidan Festival.
 And this 2019, we were once again there to share our arts"
-pagnapagna
_________________________________________________________________________________




-my pagnapagna-
(January 28 and 29, 2019 a Monday & Tuesday)

Early morning around 2 o'clock I rode a bus bound for Vigan City. It was a Dominion Bus and with 220 pesos fare (from San Fernando City, La Union), I arrived and alighted at the municipality of Bantay at around 5 o'clock that same early morning.
Bantay is very near to Vigan City. One can just walk some 15+ minutes and be at their plazas. 
I alighted at the municipality of Bantay instead of Vigan City for I'll be going "pagnapagna" and my first target was the nearby Church Bell Tower. Unfortunately, it was still too dark, the Bell Tower can not be detected by the camera (and barely with the naked eye) and the sign said the park will open at 6 o'clock.
I went back at the roadside and went to eat "Mikki" at an eatery near the plaza.
Soon the park opened at exactly 6 o'clock that morning.


After taking photographs and videos, I left the park and went to the Municipall Hall (Bantay) to see their Tourism office. And there, they directed me to the Mayor's office.
Everyone was very busy that day including their tourism officer since they were preparing for the "Kannawidan festival" for its opening the next day. Nevertheless, they were very accommodating and ma'am "Willie Vanne Pre" discussed and presented to me some of their tourists spots. I was eyeing for the waterfalls at the barangay of San Mariano but it looked like there will be some difficulty on looking for the trail if I will do it on my own. Ma'am "Willie Vanne Pre" offered me the Mt. Caniaw and Mt. Tupira which was closer compared to going to going San Mariano for the waterfalls. She added that Mt. Caniaw was still closed but try to visit it. I thanked her and I went on for my adventure.

For the story MT. TUPIRA CLICK HERE 

After that adventure, I was back at downtown Bantay and it was time to go to Vigan city for our preparation for the "Kannawidan Festival- Art Exhibit".
Generally, the tricycle drivers refused to take passengers going to Vigan City because the "ReligiousParade" or "Procession" was going on at that time and it was a traffic stand still in the area. I decided to just walk my way going to Vigan City. Along the way, our co-artists from La Union called and said that they have arrived at the festival venue that they will be waiting for me. I walked as fast as I can and arrived at the plaza area of Vigan City. It was around some few minutes passed 5 o'clock in the afternoon and it was hard to get a ride as everyone was going home from the days activities. I walked again my way to the Vigan Public Market and hope to get a tricycle ride there. Finally I got a ride on a tricycle that was in "torno" (line-up to get passengers) that brought me to the festival area. There I got to see my co-artists from La Union, some other artists from Baguio City and most especially artist Meliton Paz who was the event organizer for the art exhibit and hails from Vigan City.
After hanging painting for display, which includes the winners and entries to their painting competition, we went to our home for the night which was the University Hostel some 50 to 100 meters away from the festival site courtesy of the "Kannawaidan Festival" through Meliton Paz.
At our room for the night, we had a sort of meeting/re-acquaintance/discussions as artists group that lasted until 4 o'clock in the morning and we managed to woke up at around 7 o'clock that morning for the opening of the "Kannawidan Agri-trade fair/ Art exhibit".
We were on site, in time for the festival opening. 

Entrance to the exhibiton/trade/food/agri Fair

People were crowding the program area (a wide area with a stage surrounded by bleachers which were all filled-up with spectators).
The program had started and afterwards, at around 10 o'clock, the activities shifted to the "Trade and Exhibit area" for the cutting of ribbon.

Paintings on exhibit by the La Union Timpuyog Artes ti Ilocandia

Paintings on exhibit by the La Union Timpuyog Artes ti Ilocandia

Come noontime, after having lunch courtesy of the Festival, we said our goodbyes to our co-artists from Baguio City as they will be staying for the whole duration of the festival. 

The artists delegates
(La Union timpuyog artes ti Ilocandia and baguio artists)
 for the Art exhibit during the "Kannawidan Ylocos Festival 2019"
together with Meliton Paz

We went back to the hostel to get our belongings.
We left Vigan City at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon with smiles in our faces and hearts.
Since we rode on the car of our co-artists Jogz and Marilou, we managed to have stop-overs. Thank you to the couples!

Stop-over at: Sta. Maria Church, Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur

Stop-over at: BATERIA Watchtower, San Esteban, Ilocos Sur
It was already nighttime when we got back to our Homes Sweet Homes.

-end of pagnapagna-




Once again thanks to "Ylocos Kannawidan Festival" for the great experience!
Sir Meliton Paz for the Art Exhibit and all.
La Union Timpuyog Artes ti Ilocandia
with me were artists: Grace Yap
 Marilou Austriz
 Celia Yap
 Jogz Austriz
 Mark Neil Espiritu










______________________________________________________________________

Subject: "Kannawidan Ylocos Festival"
Location: Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
How to get there:

________________________________________________________________________

Copyright 2019 (c)
All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment