Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Bell Church



_________________________________________________________________________ 
"I went sketching at the temple"
-pagnapagna
________________________________________________________________


If you find this story/blogpost interesting and/or had helped you in any way (in your researches, works, travels, blogs, adventures, homeworks at school, a personal project and more), I'd like to hear a word or two from wonderful people like you or simply Like "pagnapagna" in Facebook. I'd be very thankful. It gives me inspirations. Cheers!


-my pagnapagna-
(March 23, 2016 a Holy Wednesday)

For a moment, I felt like entering into a Chinatown as I walked my way into a street leading to the parking space of the temple.  There were some small traditional Chinese gateway arches called Paifang or also known as Pailou.
Dragons adorns most of the roofs and some walls.



After climbing the stairs into a main Paifang leading to the grounds of the temple, I sat down and started sketching with the Paifang as my subject.


There were children training martial arts at the nearby grounds.
Tourists started to arrive and I noticed most of them especially the women do not want to go up and climb the stairs into the gardens above anymore, they get tired easily.
After I've finished my sketch, I went exploring more of the area.

Here were some notices posted along the gates:

Notice at the main Entrance Gate: 
Effective June 1, 2015
The Gate will be open during
Weekdays:
7:00 am to 12:00 nn
1:30 pm to 5:30 pm
(closed at 12 nn to 1:30 pm)
Saturdays, Sunday and Holidays:
6:00 am to 12:00 nn
1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
(closed at 12:00 nn to 1:00 pm)

Notice at the main Pailou (leading to the temple grounds)
Open only during Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays
Open: 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Close: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Open: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm

At around 11:30 am, I left the area and went to downtown La Trinidad.

-end of pagnapagna-


For Ma-cho Temple Click Here


Subject : Bell Church
Location:  City of Baguio
                 Province of Benguet
How to get there:
at Baguio City ride a jeep bound for La Trinidad (either at the upper street above the Jose Rizal monument below the City Hall or at Magsaysay area) and get down at Km. 3 just before the Welcome arch of La Trinidad. Just tell the driver "Bell Church".


 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2016. Please ask permission for content use.

No comments:

Post a Comment