Sunday, November 15, 2015

Mt. Tayawan

"I've just learned that one can traverse from Mt. Kalugong passing by Mt. Tayawan into the much higher Mt. Yangbew"
-pagnapagna

If you find this story/blogpost interesting and/or had helped you in any way (in your researches, works, travels, blogs, adventures, homeworks at school, a personal project and more), I'd like to hear a word or two from wonderful people like you or simply Like "pagnapagna" in Facebook. I'd be very thankful. It gives me inspirations. Cheers!




-my pagnapagna-
(November 7, 2015 a Saturday)

In front of the Tawang Barangay Hall, I walked my way up to a trail that passed along a mountainside public cemetery. 

Tawang Barangay Hall

Walked further until I reached a waiting shed where there was a signboard just beside it. The signboard says "Welcome to Tayawan vIew deck".
There were teenagers sleeping at the viewing shed, some of them had just awakened and were just feeling the early morning coldness. I did not lingered there and continued walking along the trail then rested on some small rockies. 


There, I took some photographs and videos of the surroundings. The Mt. Kalugong can be seen at a distance, looking back was the viewing shed dwarfed further behind by Mt. Yangbew and looking far far away south was Mt. Santo Tomas of Tuba, Benguet.

Overlooking the La Trinidad Valley
Mt. Yangbaw as seen from Mt. Tayawan
The trail looked inviting, so I walked further until I was at Mt. Kalugong. 


As I started walking back, somewhere up on the rockies were hikers finding their way down towards the obvious trail where I was. Even at a distance, as a form of greeting, one of them nodded and I also nodded back. I kept on walking until I was at the viewing shed where the teenagers were. 
At the viewing shed, I've learned from one of them that they spent overnight having some drinks in celebration of his graduation. He added that he was just from the area. Since he was from the area, I inquired about the other possible areas that can be visited. I asked about the waterfalls in the area and also with that of the Mt. Peripen Bato at Pico. He said that they locally call Mt. Peripen Bato as Pelipens or "Philippines" Bato.
As we talked, the hikers I've seen a while ago passed by and they kept on walking down to the Barangay Hall perhaps they will be going to the Mt. Yangbaw
Later on, I also left the area.
I walked my way towards the Halsema Highway and rode a jeep going to the Provincial Capitol.

-end of pagnapagna-

For the other mountain top views overlooking La Trinidad Valley:
These are just short hikes (10 to 30 minutes) to the top from the road.


Subject : Mt. Tayawan
Location:  Barangay of Tawang
                 Municipality of La Trinidad
                 Province of Benguet



How to get there:


 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2015. Please ask permission for content use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment