Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BAGULIN HANGING BRIDGE

"This is one of the major lifeline of this town. I see them as bridges for pedestrians, I did not know it also conveys motorcycles"
-pagnapagna

-my pagnapagna-

At Bagulin, La Union, I strolled around town and went near the river. There I saw a very long hanging bridge and became curious on who walks on this hanging bridge.


The Hanging Bridge
A man walking along the hanging bridge
Carrying a load while getting to the other side
Then I saw this one
Motorbikes also uses the bridge
Here is another motorbike
From below, they look like walking across the sky.

"Barkada"



I thought it was only for pedestrians, a foot bridge. I was surprised, it was my first time to see, even motorbikes uses this hanging bridge.
In the afternoon, I went back to Home Sweet Home.


-end of pagnapagna-



Subject   : BAGULIN HANGING BRIDGES
Location :  Municipality of Bagulin
                 Province of La Union


How to get there:
If your coming from Manila:
Take any bus that are bound for these places:
-San Fernando City, La Union,
-Candon, Ilocos Sur, 
-Vigan Ilocos Sur, 
-Abra (Bangued), 
 -Laoag City, Ilocos Norte 
but get down at downtown Bauang La Union near their Municipal Hall or Plaza. Then wait for a jeepney bound for Naguilian, La Union (the road going to Baguio). At Naguilian you can either wait a jeepney at their market bound for Bagulin (if you are not in a hurry) but hiring a tricycle is more practical.

 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2013. Please ask permission for content use.

No comments:

Post a Comment