Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Colors of STOBOSA


___________________________________________________________________ 
"It was colorful and at a larger scale"
-pagnapagna
___________________________________________________________________ 

I've researched and googled map where is Boyocboc Falls in Tublay, Benguet  (Seen it in TV Patrol Baguio) and found out that it was so far away from the main highway of Halsema and allocating only a day would be impossible. So I made another itinerary for that day. First in my list will be the painted houses at La Trinidad then go to either the "Crystal cave" or be more adventurous and see the waterfalls at a bridge just at Naguilian road, Baguio City.



If you find this story/blogpost interesting and/or had helped you in any way (in your researches, works, travels, blogs, adventures, homeworks at school, a personal project and more), I'd like to hear a word or two from wonderful people like you or simply Like "pagnapagna" in Facebook. I'd be very thankful. It gives me inspirations. Cheers!



-my pagnapagna-
(June 23, 2016 a Thursday)

At around 7:30 in the morning, I was at Barangay Balili, Kilometer 3, La Trinidad, Benguet to see the "Stobosa Hillside Homes Artwork".

I was in a "wow-state" the moment I saw the place. It was my first time to see a painting on a larger scale and it was colorful. The whole hillside houses were turned into canvas. Although not yet thoroughly finished, my eyes were feasting in its colors.



A platform stage for a program was set at the roadside and all the officials and people concerned with the project were busy in the preparation. They will be having an unveiling ceremony that morning.


Expectators from the other side of the road

I was supposed to just take photographs and videos of the painted hillside houses and leave but there was that festive feeling in the air that I stayed behind for the program.

Different medias were arriving. 


A happy group enjoying the program
As I was waiting for the program to start, I happened to see "Avrane Pagadian", a Baguio-based artist whom I know.
We were in a company most of the time during and even until the program had finished.



I also met "Eden Cawang" and "Jordan Mang-osan" together with the other Baguio-Benguet based artists. Jordan Mang-osan headed the Tam-awan Village artists who also made the artist's design of the hillside houses artwork and they were part of the program.



Well after some photo-shoots, I was finally done and decided to leave.
I left for Baguio City and just canceled my other two concerns (Crystal cave and a waterfall at Naguilian road) afterwards I headed back for Home sweet Home.

-end of pagnapagna-

FYI:
STOBOSA is a name they coined for that place wherein it was taken from the first two to three letters of the three sitios of the area in Barangay Balili.
STO - Stone Hill
BO - Botiwtiw
SA - Sadjap




Subject : STOBOSA (Hillside Homes Artwork)
Location:  Barangay of Balili,
                 Municipality of La Trinidad
                 Province of Benguet
How to get there:


 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2016. Please ask permission for content use.

No comments:

Post a Comment