Thursday, June 9, 2016

Philippine Baguio Temple of God



__________________________________________________________________________ 
"The structure was a temple"
-pagnapagna
__________________________________________________________________________ 

If you find this story/blogpost interesting and/or had helped you in any way (in your researches, works, travels, blogs, adventures, homeworks at school, a personal project and more), I'd like to hear a word or two from wonderful people like you or simply Like "pagnapagna" in Facebook. I'd be very thankful. It gives me inspirations. Cheers!



-my pagnapagna-
(June 7, 2016 a Thursday)

Everytime I go to Baguio City via Naguilian road, I can't help myself but to stare with wonder at this structure along the highway that seems to be perched on a cliff side as the bus I was riding on passes by.
It looked like a Chinese "pagoda" with a panoramic view.
One time, when I passed by I saw that it was already finished and a signboard reads : "Welcome Visitors".  

Months later, I went to visit the structure.
I alighted from the bus bound for Baguio City at around 9 o'clock in the morning.


I walked towards the area and went inside as the gate was open.
I was surprise that the structure was not yet finished. It looked finished the last time I passed-by but now it was not.
There were scaffoldings and workers were putting putty on the cement eaves where the ornaments were once.

I strolled around where there were no scaffolding. The side door of the structure was open and there I looked. Inside was a meditation room, complete with chandeliers, lighting, a Chinese altar, polished tiled floor and to set in the ambience, Chinese music was playing.
I went on halfway around of the balcony that encircled the structure and just looked at the unobstructed view of the open-air distant low lying places as gently clouds began to set-in.

I went back in front and talked to the security guard on duty. I learned from him that the structure was damaged (probably by typhoons) specially the one at the back where it was exposed. He also added that the top of the structure was hit by lightning.

The ornaments were temporarily removed

Afterwards, I went on to sketch the structure which is a temple. 
As I was doing my sketch, one of the workers came to me with a calendar in his hand. 
"Ito na lang ang i-drawing mo piktyuran mo" (You just sketch or photograph this one) he said in a Visayans accent
.
The calendar had the photograph of the completed temple. 

The calendar that the worker showed me

Once in awhile they came to see me doing my sketch and we would talk.

My sketch
I learned from the security guard that some of the men from "Ma-cho Temple" in San Fernando City, La Union also visits the area and I had a chance to talked to one of the locals in the area about some waterfalls which I would probably visit in the coming months.

After I had done with my sketch, I thanked them and went on to the roadside to ride a jeep bound for Baguio City.

-end of pagnapagna-

For Ma-cho Temple Click Here
For Bell Church Click Here


Subject : Philippine Baguio Temple of God
Location:  Barangay of Banangan
                 Municipality of Sablan
                 Province of Benguet
How to get there:


 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2016. Please ask permission for content use.

No comments:

Post a Comment