Sunday, November 22, 2015

a day at ADIVAY 2015

  
"Incidentally, I came across the Adivay Festival one Saturday"
-pagnapagna   
 

If you find this story/blogpost interesting and/or had helped you in any way (in your researches, works, travels, blogs, adventures, homeworks at school, a personal project and more), I'd like to hear a word or two from wonderful people like you or simply Like "pagnapagna" in Facebook. I'd be very thankful. It gives me inspirations. Cheers!




-my pagnapagna-
(November 21, 2015 a Saturday)
 
After a trek at Talingguroy (upper Wangal), I rode a jeep going to downtown La Trinidad and along the way, at lower Wangal, traffic slowed down. Just nearby, inside the walled area was a big colorful tent and the ambiance was festive. I went down from the jeep and looked inside.

My guess was right. It was the Adivay festival being celebrated. 
The Benguet Sports Center was the main venue for the said festival that day.

"Adivay" is a provincial festival of Benguet as "coming-together" for its different municipalities.

I went inside the trade fair where the different "showcases" of each municipalities of Benguet were displayed. 






There were many flowering plants, agricultural products, pictures of their tourism sites and so on. 




At the Mankayan area, I saw one of the artists I had met before in Baguio Museum who had just exhibited at "Porta Varga". We had a short talk and he showed me their smoked meat product called "Kini-ing".




After visiting to each and every "municipal booths", I went to the adjacent commercial trade fair and had a "Halo-halo".
There was also a horse track at the grounds where you can have a horseback ride.
At around 1:30 in the afternoon, The "Adivay Dance Drama Competition" started at the Wangal grandstand. 




The competition was participated by young schoolchildren representing the different municipalities of Benguet.





The competition ended which concluded my day on my very first visit to the month-long Adivay 2015 and hopefully not the last.

-end of pagnapagna-



 © All original content copyright sparkPLUG, 2012-2015. Please ask permission for content use.

No comments:

Post a Comment