Monday, February 18, 2019

Mt. KABUGBUGAN





________________________________________________________________________________

"One of the few places in La Union where one can have a 
360 degrees panoramic view on a mountain top and
it is just some few minutes going to the summit"
-pagnapagna
________________________________________________________________________________




Please, let us practice the "LEAVE NO TRACE" (LNT) outdoor ethics.
Let us not vandalize, etch or write on its natural surfaces such as rocks and bark of trees.
Manage our waste products properly. Do not leave your garbage behind, bring it with you
when there is no proper disposal in the area. Do not litter!
Respect wildlife, "nature" and the local culture.
Minimize our impact!
Safety should be our priority!



-my pagnapagna-
(February 18, 2019 a Monday)


After walking from the national highway to visit "Ciano Umok Gallery Cafe" and had a talk with the artist-owner himself, he was kind enough to give me a lift going to the trailhead to Mt. Kabugbugan.
Although it was late in the afternoon (some few minutes after passed 5 o'clock), in his car, we went eastward, passed-by the Barangay Hall and into a y-junction.
"Adda para ala ti nagnagan ti mapan dyay bantay ditoy e (There's someone who gets names of those going to the mountain here)", he said as he slowed down near a waiting shed, turned right at the junction and looked around but seen no one.
Few meters away from the junction and we were at the trailhead.
"Mabalin ka magna ditoy ta shortcut dayta (You can walk here, for that is a shortcut)", he said pointing to the off-road foot path. "Ngem mabalin mo metla diretsuwen dayta dalan (But you can also go straight along the road)", he added.
He also said that the hike can be done at around 30 minutes.
I thanked him and I alighted.
He maneuvered his car to turn around and left.
At around 5:30 -5:40 (not sure of the exact time), on my own, I walked on a trail that branched from the road. It led to some few residential houses and to farm lots of tobacco.
Just to be sure, I asked people I met along the way, if that was the way to the peak and they confirmed it.
I kept on walking going up as the sun painted the landscape golden yellow.
Few minutes before the peak, the sun disappeared on the horizon. Although there was no sun around, the surroundings were not that dark but little by little darkness was catching up as I arrived at the summit.



I had only a few minutes to rest and enjoy the view. It was a little windy that day at the summit. I can see the sea towards the west, the Bauang river towards northwest and more very distant mountains towards the east. Not to mention night lights becoming distinct from far away houses.



I was just there for around 10 minutes and I left.
I run downhill as fast as I can as darkness was drowning my sight.
I finally made it into the residential houses and few minutes later I find myself walking on the concrete road with a street light.
Walked further near the Barangay Hall and there was no available tricycle in site. I kept on walking when finally I had a chance to ride a tricycle going to the national highway where I waited for a bus going back to Home Sweet Home.

-end of pagnapagna-


Thank to:
Cesar Dumo of
"Ciano Umok Gallery Cafe"










____________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Mt. Kabugbugan
Location: barangay of Palugsi-Limmansangan,
Municipality of  Bauang
Province of La Union
How to get there:
From Manila, ride a bus going to the North West Luzon provinces such as La Union (San Fernando City), Ilocos Sur (Candon & Vigan City), Ilocos Norte (Laoag City) but get down at Barangay Guerero in the municipality of Bauang. Barangay Guerero is located some 4 kilometers before the town proper of Bauang when coming from Manila. At barangay Guerero, from the roadside, you can have a tricycle ride going to the trailhead.
Note: Please register near the trailhead at the junction area
or visit their Tourism Officer at the Municipal Hall of Bauang.
_____________________________________________________________________________



Copyright 2019 (c)
All Rights Reserved







No comments:

Post a Comment