Sunday, January 27, 2019

DINANGKING: the second time around



________________________________________________________________________________

"Minus the rainfall and it was lovelier the second time around. 
Well, almost, until this comes into view"
-pagnapagna
________________________________________________________________________________





Please, let us practice the "LEAVE NO TRACE" (LNT) outdoor ethics.
Let us not vandalize, etch or write on its natural surfaces such as rocks and bark of trees.
Manage our waste products properly. Do not leave your garbage behind, bring it with you
when there is no proper disposal in the area. Do not litter!
Respect wildlife, "nature" and the local culture.
Minimize our impact!
Safety should be our priority!


my pagnapagna
(January 23, 2019 a Wednesday)

At Baguio City, I went to Magsaysay Avenue to look for the terminal of jeeps bound for nearby municipality of La Trinidad particularly the ones going to barangay Shilan-Acop.
I found out that the jeep (painted in red) waits for passengers along with other jeeps bound for Dreamland at the uphill road that branches from Magsaysay Avenue which is Upper P. Burgos Street.
I rode the jeep and it departed Baguio City at 7:08 am. It also passed-by the La Trinidad Public Market and Municipal Hall area as well as the Benguet Capitol Building.
Few minutes after passing by the Shilan Barangay Hall, I alighted (18 pesos fare) at the branching road beside the Tacdian Elementary School (7:55 am).
Immediately, I started walking down that downhill road. Few meters, I turned left on that first branching one lane road.
Few minutes later, I was at a junction where there was a waiting shed. I walked on the road going left.
I kept on walking farther down passing to some roadside vegetable gardens.



Then the concrete road ended and continued as earth road (8:32 am).
I took another branching road going downhill, a very rough road that had been badly weathered by the passed rainy season. It led me into a partial clearing. At the right side was a trail going down to the river. I took that path and I finally arrived at the river (8:51 am).
I want to explore the upstream. Which I did and along the way I met a man with his son and they were laying a black pipe/hose as water were coming out from it.
I greeted them, along with a smile they told me that they were fixing the lines for irrigation as it was damaged by the previous typhoon. Afterwards, I went further upstream but not much to be seen.
I went back and seen them farther downstream. I told them that I was going to the waterfalls as I passed them by.
Few minutes later, I arrived at the waterfalls.

Dinangking Falls
This is a small waterfalls with a single cascade along the Dinangking river. It has a small natural pool area that is deep enough at the immediate area where its water falls.

The small cascade of Dinangking Falls

 While taking photographs and videos, the men I met along the way arrived as they continued to layout the pipeline. It took them around an hour to finish what they were doing.

Working on the pipeline to irrigate their vegetable gardens. Notice the plastic bottles at their back

Afterwards, I had the place for myself again. Cool Cordillera winds under the shades slightly blew once in a while, aside from birds chirping, murmurs of waters was the only sound that was heard.
I went to explore around the cascade to get a better view as I was at the top looking down at the natural pool area. I went to the side and seen assorted plastic bottles as if it was  dump at that little pocket corner.
What a serene lovely place until I saw those plastics and I don't even had a garbage bag to collect them. I can't do anything.

A closer look of the assorted plastic bottles

Few minutes later, I left the area (11:12 am).
At the trailhead going up to the mountain side, I saw a small snake at it scampered away.
Continued walking uphill, along the earth road towards the one-lane cemented road and finally I arrived at the junction at Halsema Highway near the Tacdian elementary School (12:20 pm).
From there, I rode a jeep going to downtown La Trinidad and visited the Benguet Museum.

One of the smallest Museum I've seen (far smaller than Baguio Museum and Bontoc Museum)

Few minutes later, it was time to go back to Home Sweet Home.

-end of pagnapagna-




For the previous post:
visit to Dinangking on a rainy day







_________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: Dinangking falls
Location:
Barangay of Shilan
Municipality of La Trinidad
Province of Benguet

How to get there:
(visit the Barangay Hall of Shilan)
_________________________________________________________________________________


_________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright 2019 (c)
All Rights Reserved
_________________________________________________________________________________










No comments:

Post a Comment